I have written several essays in English which were published in several
- (2011) Racontons une histoire ensemble: History and Characteristics of French IF, an essay in English I wrote for the IF Theory Reader (edited by Kevin Jackson-Mead and J. Robinson Wheeler, Transcript on Press, march 2011) about the history of French IF. The essay focuses on interactive fiction in French in the 1980s, discussing the origins of the genre and its specificities, as well as the contemporary French IF scene and its influences.
- For the French translation, see here.
- (2015) >JUSTIFY, HEIGHTEN, SAY YES: Interactive Fiction as Improv [PDF], an essay in English that made the cover on issue 62 of SPAG magazine (edited by Katherine Morayati, whom I thank deeply for her work!). This essay is about some parallels between interactive fiction (more precisely, parser-based text adventures) and improv theatre, and uses principles from the latter to think about some aspects of designing such games.
- (2016) SPAG Specifics: Paolo Chikiamco’s “Slammed!” [PDF], a review in English published in issue 62 of SPAG magazine (also edited by Katherine Morayati, thanks again!). This is a review of the Choice of Games game, which does a great job at conveying the atmosphere of professional wrestling, although I was disappointed about what was (or, rather, wasn’t) done in the female wrestler route.
- (2016) >SOLVE ZORK: Teaching An AI To Play Parser IF [PDF], an essay in English published in issue 64 of SPAG magazine (once again, edited by Katherine Morayati, thank you!). This essay is inspired by recent advances in AI brought by deep learning, and attempts to give an idea of the skills an AI would have to learn in order to get good at playing parser games; teaching an AI to play these games would give it advanced skills and something resembling common sense, which would be an interesting development!
I also wrote a few dozen reviews on the IFDB, some of them quite long.
Since the summer of 2017 and the launch of the new website of the French-speaking interactive fiction community, I have written columns (in French) for the website every couple of weeks. You can read all my articles; here they are grouped by theme:
• Inform 6 tutorials :  
• Tips and cool extensions :
• Other tutorials :
• Other (game designs, IF community…) :